Details were understandably scarce but at tonight’s Marvel panel at Comic Crime, er, Comic Con, Kevin Feige announced that plans are afoot to do another “Punisher” movie.
Feige said the character was now back under the Marvel umbrella (he didn’t say when or how this happened) and he looked forward to telling a new ‘Frank Castle’ yarn.
In other words, reboot – and in this case, reboot number 3 for “The Punisher”.
Anyone else think it ain’t gonna get much better than “Punisher : War Zone”? I mean, that was great… the most loyal interpretation of the Marvel comic yet, with a great performance by Ray Stevenson out front, but it tanked. Either the interest just isn’t there… or, for most people, the character works better on the page.
What I’m hoping Marvel might be considering is throwing Frank Castle into one of the other Marvel movies – say, the Hulk or Daredevil – but I dare say, they’re not, and they’re actually going to start stringing the beans on another out-and-out remake.
Marvel are also planning on ‘starting from scratch’ on the “Daredevil” and “Fantastic Four” franchises, so I guess a “Punisher” redux shouldn’t be that big of a surprise.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.