Details were understandably scarce but at tonight’s Marvel panel at Comic Crime, er, Comic Con, Kevin Feige announced that plans are afoot to do another “Punisher” movie.
Feige said the character was now back under the Marvel umbrella (he didn’t say when or how this happened) and he looked forward to telling a new ‘Frank Castle’ yarn.
In other words, reboot – and in this case, reboot number 3 for “The Punisher”.
Anyone else think it ain’t gonna get much better than “Punisher : War Zone”? I mean, that was great… the most loyal interpretation of the Marvel comic yet, with a great performance by Ray Stevenson out front, but it tanked. Either the interest just isn’t there… or, for most people, the character works better on the page.
What I’m hoping Marvel might be considering is throwing Frank Castle into one of the other Marvel movies – say, the Hulk or Daredevil – but I dare say, they’re not, and they’re actually going to start stringing the beans on another out-and-out remake.
Marvel are also planning on ‘starting from scratch’ on the “Daredevil” and “Fantastic Four” franchises, so I guess a “Punisher” redux shouldn’t be that big of a surprise.
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.