Liam Neeson won’t be growing a dreadfully long beard after all.
The actor, who for years has been attached to star in a Steven Spielberg-directed bio on President Abraham Lincoln, tells that he’s no longer onboard.
“I’m not actually playing Lincoln now,” Neeson tells GMTV. “I was attached to it for a while, but it’s now I’m past my sell-by date.”
No word on whether Sally Field, who was at one time mentioned to be playing Mary Todd Lincoln, is still onboard.
It’s funny, up until recently – when Robert Redford got “The Conspirator” up and going – projects about Lincoln just seemed cursed. You’ll recall that a couple of years ago Harrison Ford was attached to star in a film (“Manhunt”) about the search for Abraham Lincoln’s assassin, but it never get off the ground. And this one, which Spielberg has been trying to get up for a good five or six years now, hasn’t inched any closer to the starting position since the filmmaker initially signed Neeson.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.