Robin Wright and Stellan Skarsgard are in talks to join the cast of the Yankee “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” remake.
The film, starring Daniel Craig and directed by David Fincher, is the first in a trilogy of films based on the Swedish success story.
Here’s who Deadline says Wright (“Moneyball”, “Forrest Gump”) is playing :
She is in talks to play Erika Berger, the publisher of crusading finance magazine Millennium, and the occasional lover of journalist Mikael Blomkvist (to be played by Daniel Craig). The film is casting up quickly, even as Fincher and producer Scott Rudin take their time searching for the right young actress to play the computer hacker heroine Lisbeth Salander. Berger figures in Larsson’s sequel books The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest, and Wright is negotiating a deal that includes options for both.
As for the always-dependable Skarsgard, known for his roles in “Good Will Hunting” and “Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man’s Chest”, Variety says :
Skarsgard would play Martin Vanger, a suspect in the 40-year-old disappearance of a teenage girl. In the Swedish film, the part was played by Peter Haber.
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.