In an effort to silence some of the nasty talkbackers and forum frolickers (they’re scared that the prequel is becoming ‘too overpopulated’ and, based on some continuity errors with some of the characters, a bungled mess), “X-Men : First Class” producer Bryan Singer gave Harry Knowles over at Aint it Cool a call on the weekend to let him know just how – well, of course – ‘cool’ the forthcoming prequel will be.
I have to admit, Singer’s a super salesman.
The film, which we know will be a prequel to Singer’s 2000 film, stars James McAvoy as Charles Xavier and Michael Fassbender as Magneto. And director Matthew Vaughn has rounded up a bravura supporting cast for the thing – including Kevin Bacon, Oliver Platt, January Jones, Nicholas Hoult, Rose Byrne and Jennifer Lawrence.
I, personally, think it’s going to turn out quite good…. especially after what Singer has to say about it.
In short, here’s what Singer says about the film :
– It will be set in the ’60s. Therefore Kennedy will be President; Martin Luther King will still be alive; Elvis still sells out concert halls.
– We will see how Xavier and Magneto, both in their 20s, met.
– The film begins at Oxford University in the ’60s, where Xavier is a student.
– We will see how Xavier ended up in the wheelchair (He will walk for the majority of the film). Oh, and he will also have hair!
– We will see Xavier and Magneto formulating what will become the X-Men.
– The costumes, being set in the ’60s, will look far more comic book ish.
– Jean Grey and Scott Summers won’t be in the film, though Scott’s brother Alex aka Havoc (played by Lucas Till) will be.
– Kevin Bacon and January Jones are playing Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost, respectively. And yes, the Hellfire Club will play a part in the film.
– They’ll be shooting in the UK and the US but the film will actually be set in various parts of the world. It will have more of an international flavour than the other three “X-Men” movies.
– There are still more characters to be announced, Singer said.
Expect more news soon on “X-Men : First Class”!
- Red Sonja goes to the Cosmos - March 1, 2015
- Momo’s reaction to Aquaman picture reveal - March 1, 2015
- Ayer revealsSuicide Squad sets; talks Leto - March 1, 2015
- Forte readying MacGruber 2 - March 1, 2015
- Duhamel, Hudson have The Wrong Stuff - March 1, 2015
- TV casting : George, Annable, O’Quinn, Stern, Chalke - March 1, 2015
- Shankar’s Power Rangers fan film is back online! - March 1, 2015
- Former 24 star clocks into medical drama - March 1, 2015
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.