On Monday it was announced that “2:37″ Director Murali K. Thalluri had kicked off M2 Entertainment, a new shingle run by Thalluri and various reputable movie-men (including long-time Snoogans staple Scott Mosier of “Chasing Amy” & “Mallrats” fame), that will bankroll and unleash two low budget films each year for the next three years.
Murali, who directed the Cannes selected ”2:37” before he was 21, said he was inspired to set up the fund while attempting to finance his second film. “It’s so hard, and its taken me four or five years to get my next film up, and I know plenty of other filmmakers who are facing the same struggles. I felt we had to try and do something. He says. ‘We just thought it would be a great thing to give the power back to the film makers and let them make the films they want to make with an unprecedented level of control.'”
The major investors (shelling out a combined $9 million) are Arclight Films, Wildfire Studios & Graetz Media. The board is comprised of industry heavyweights including Kevin Smith’s long time producer Scott Mosier (”Clerks”, ”Chasing Amy”, ”Good Will Hunting” etc).
“I see the fund supporting the kinds of films that aren’t necessarily finding it easy to get financed and require someone who is willing to take a chance. We should be finding and supporting the next generation of filmmakers. The people who have new and original stories to tell, but don’t have the means of getting them made.” Scott Says. Other board members include producer Michelle Krumm who is also a former long time executive with Weinstein Company as well as Ian Gibbins General Manager of Arclight Films, Sound Mixers Leslie Shatz and Chris David & Murali’s ”2:37” team Nick Matthews and Nick Selth.
M2 Entertainment tells us that 3 projects already on their slate are :
- “Jewel” – A David-Lean style action/adventure about two young boys who are sold into slavery but escape with a rare jewel.Thalluri will direct
- “World War III” – Thalluri will direct.
- “Rogue” – a comedy about redheads entitled ‘Rouge’ written by Solomon Paul & Sam Kennedy.
- Olsens talk Fuller House – will they do it? - April 25, 2015
- Batman injured; Goodbye cancelled - April 25, 2015
- SNL alum joins Zoolander 2 - April 25, 2015
- First Look : Jared Leto as The Joker! - April 25, 2015
- Some new Terminator : Genisys TV spots - April 25, 2015
- Another Avenger joins Captain America : Civil War - April 24, 2015
- Zach Galligan, Gremlins reboot is calling! - April 24, 2015
- Trailer : Area 51 - April 24, 2015
- Trailer : The Visit - April 24, 2015
- Production kicks off on Evil Dead series - April 24, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.