Martial-arts champ Scott Epstein and Australian musician Dean Geyer have both announced via their respective Twitter accounts that they’re starring in the sequel to the popular 2008 biffo flick “Never Back Down”.
The sequel, which will be more of a showcase for Mixed Martial Arts than straight-up street fights, and tell of four fighters who sign up for an illegal underground tournament, will be directed by action-movie star Michael Jai White (“Undisputed 2″, “The Dark Knight”).
Geyer, like Holly Valance, Guy Pearce, Kylie Minogue, Jesse Spencer and so many others, got his start on Aussie soapie “Neighbours”. He played Ty Harper for 244 episodes.
Black-belter Epstein is a mixed martial artist with the record of four wins and zero losses. Earlier this year he starred in the film “Numb”.
Filming begins in Louisiana shortly.
- Grey Hulk was supposed to be in Avengers : Age of Ultron - May 3, 2015
- Shadowhunters casts Simon & Isabelle - May 2, 2015
- Why was Josh Trank fired from Star Wars? - May 2, 2015
- Ninja Turtles 2 nabs an Oscar nominee! - May 1, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fifty Shades Darker - May 1, 2015
- Photos : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Tangerine - May 1, 2015
- New poster for Elijah Wood starrer Cooties - May 1, 2015
- Tomorrow When The War Began TV series in the works - April 30, 2015
- Kingsman sequel in development - April 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.