For a while there it looked like Peter Berg was going to staff his “Battleship” exclusively with tyro sailors (Taylor Kitsch, Brooklyn Decker, Alexander Skarsgaard, and Rhianna are the biggest names aboard the Universal flick) but the “Friday Night Lights” and “Rundown” director has roped in a much more recognizable face, not to mention significantly more marquee-friendly name, to play the film’s ‘Admiral’.
According to Deadline, Tentpole-staple Liam Neeson (“Star Wars Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace”, “Batman Begins”, “The Chronicles of Narnia”) has joined the cast of the actioner to play ”Admiral Shane, the Naval officer whose daughter (played by Brooklyn Decker) is engaged to a young naval officer played by Taylor Kitsch”.
Guessing the ‘boys up top’ demanded the filmmaker add a ‘superstar’ to his tug.
The pic, in which Skarsgaard (“True Blood”) plays Kitcher’s brother and popstress Rihanna plays Kitsch’s crew mate and a weapons specialist, is currently lensing in Sunny Hawaii.
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : A Little Chaos - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : Ana Maria in Novela Land - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : American Sniper - December 19, 2014
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.