Joel McHale, host of E!s “The Soup” and star of NBC’s “Community”, has joined the cast of Robert Rodriguez’s “Spy Kids 4″.
McHale will play Jessica Alba’s “spy-hunting reporter” husband in the family-flick reboot.
The new film, which will feature the original “Spy Kids” Alexa Vega and Daryl Sabara in cameo appearances, fixes on a couple of new Spy Kid trainees, Rebecca and Cecil.
If the character breakdowns that Moviehole snagged in May are anything to go by, McHale will be playing the part of Wilbur Wilson, who “is Rebecca and Cecil’s father. He hosts a show called “Wilbur Wilson : Spy Hunter” in which he attempts to track down shadowy crime figures. Wilbur’s currently trying to get an interview with the legendary ‘Time Keeper’. Just as the original Spy Kids thought their dad was a boring sack of sap who had a fairly breezy job, Rebecca and Cecil will get a bit of a surprise later on in the movie.” (More details on the “Spy Kids 4″ characters here)
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.