Guess we’ve got our first entry for Clint’s inevitable “50 Sequels that Never Happened” sequel!?
The first “Sex and the City” was bigger than the cast of “Roseanne” combined. The sequel? Not so much. Returns on that were emaciated. Strange, right? One would’ve expected this year’s “Sex and the City 2″ to be just as big as it’s predecessor, yeah? I mean, it’s not like the fanbase has gone anywhere.
So what deterred “Sex and the City 2″ from making a mint at the box office?
Star Chris Noth (‘Mr Big’) says the media not only hurt “Sex and the City 2″ but we’ve single-handedly guaranteed that there’ll not be a “Sex and the City 3″.
“It’s over. The franchise is dead. The press killed it,” Noth told New York Magazine.
“Your magazine f—— killed it. New York Magazine. It’s like all the critics got together and said, ‘this franchise must die.’ Because they all had the exact same review. It’s like they didn’t see the movie.”
There’s a chance Noth was joking. He is a bit of a jokester. But does that mean a “Sex and the City 3″ will happen? Ask any employee at New Line and they’ll likely give you the same answer… or simply laugh, ever-so-devilishly. And well, to be fair, even those that really enjoyed “Sex and the City” have said that the sequel was nowhere near as enjoyable, noting that the gratuitous cameos and an over-the-top storyline was a major put-off. If the franchise has been killed – the filmmakers have nobody but their self to blame.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013