This is all very interesting – albeit hazy – news. Can’t even quite get a fix on where it all started, let alone nail down any kind of confirmation (it’s pushing 10pm at night here, so nobody from the production company are likely at their computers).
The last time we heard from “Wolf Creek” writer/director Greg Mclean was on the “Rogue” publicity trail. And then, the Melbourne-based filmmaker didn’t seem too keen on sequelizing his debut horror hit.
“You’ve got to top the first one – and seriously, how much horror can you handle?”, Mclean told us “If I did make “Wolf Creek 2? it would almost have to be unreleasable. Rated XXX. Banned all over the world. Never to be screened in public. That’s kind of intriguing.”
Surprisingly then, news hit the web tonight (What’s Playing and Moviegrrl Reviews have the few, brief details on the whisper) that Mclean and star John Jarratt are reuniting for a sequel. The script, co-written by McLean, is apparently in the can.
2005’s “Wolf Creek” revolves around three backpackers (Cassandra Magrath, Kestie Morassi, and Nathan Phillips) who find themselves held captive by a serial killer (John Jarratt) in the Australian outback. It is loosely inspired by the murder of Peter Falconio in 2001.
Nathan Phillips’ character was the only one to survive the lunatic wrath of Mick Taylor (Jarratt) in the film, so one would suspect he might be involved in the sequel.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013