Caught up with pal and “Wolf Creek” writer/director Greg Mclean this afternoon to see just how real this newly-rumoured sequel is.
”Indeed, we’ve been working on a Wolf Creek 2 script for a few years now, pushing hard to get it just right to make it as powerful and surprising a movie experience as possible”, Mclean says.
“This one’s a little wider in scope and we get to see Mick Taylor return in full terrifying glory across the lonely wastes of the Outback. We’re hoping to shoot next year and everyone involved is psyched to be seeing John Jarratt reprise Mick. And at the end of the day, from a directors point of view, he’s too fascinating and chilling a character to not explore the darkest depths of. And his depths, as you’ll see in the new film, are pretty damn dark…”
Not one for Gran, then?
Mclean says that the film will feature an all new cast but Jarratt.
“Wolf Creek 2″ will be produced by Darclight films.
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
- The Smurfs to return March 31, 2017 - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.