In news from the ‘Clinty will be really excited to hear this!’ files, Lucasfilm has confirmed that the classic (and not-so-classic) “Star Wars” films will be returning to cinemas, and complete with nifty 3D conversions!
I know what you’re thinking, ‘conversion?, well, that’s gonna like terrible!’ – but remember, this is Lucasfilm. This is ILM. Nothing they’ve done – besides the “Howard the Duck” love scene – has looked terrible.
“Getting good results on a stereo conversion is a matter of taking the time and getting it right,” ILM’s vfx supervisor John Knoll said in a statement. “It takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For ‘Star Wars’ we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new ‘Star Wars’ experience.”
”The Phantom Menace” will be the first out of the gate, released sometime in 2012.
I must confess, I haven’t seen the prequel films – only the originals, and I only watched those because they were pushed onto me by Clint. The things I do for that boy, I tell ya! Ha.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013