Emma Thompson’s skipping the bard for blockbusters – if even temporarily.
The British gem, known for her long associations with Bill Shakespeare inspired features (many of which she made with ex-husband Kenneth Branagh, like “Much Ado About Nothing”) but also for her roles in such films as “Nanny McPhee”, “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” and “The Remains of the Day” (what a marvelous movie that was; features one of the last performances by the great Christopher Reeve), has joined the cast of “Men in Black 3″.
Amy Pascal’s second sequel to Barry Sonnenfeld’s 1997 hit reunites Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as government-sponsored alien busters, ‘Jay’ and ‘Kay’. Josh Brolin joins the cast as a younger version of Jones’ character, whilst Jemaine Clement plays the villain. The plot involves our heroes traveling back in time to stop Clement’s character, who is on a mission to kill the young Kay.
Thompson, who appears in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” shortly, will play an unspecified role in the 2011 3D release according to Deadline.
Love interest? New “MIB” boss? (replacing Rip Torn, perhaps?) Hoity university lecturer sleeping with Clement’s character?
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.