Emma Thompson’s skipping the bard for blockbusters – if even temporarily.
The British gem, known for her long associations with Bill Shakespeare inspired features (many of which she made with ex-husband Kenneth Branagh, like “Much Ado About Nothing”) but also for her roles in such films as “Nanny McPhee”, “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” and “The Remains of the Day” (what a marvelous movie that was; features one of the last performances by the great Christopher Reeve), has joined the cast of “Men in Black 3″.
Amy Pascal’s second sequel to Barry Sonnenfeld’s 1997 hit reunites Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as government-sponsored alien busters, ‘Jay’ and ‘Kay’. Josh Brolin joins the cast as a younger version of Jones’ character, whilst Jemaine Clement plays the villain. The plot involves our heroes traveling back in time to stop Clement’s character, who is on a mission to kill the young Kay.
Thompson, who appears in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” shortly, will play an unspecified role in the 2011 3D release according to Deadline.
Love interest? New “MIB” boss? (replacing Rip Torn, perhaps?) Hoity university lecturer sleeping with Clement’s character?
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.