The Australian reports that George Miller’s “Mad Max Fury Road”, which was due to begin production shortly, has been postponed to 2012.
The film, starring Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy, was already well into pre-production.
- The vehicles being used in the film have already been built. Millions were spent on putting together some remarkable forms of transportation that were being built at the former Hills Transport warehouse at Villawood in NSW. 130 cars and bikes had been constructed.
- Stunt-men were already in Broken Hill rehearsing. It was revealed last week that paralympic swimmer Annabelle Williams was going to stand in for Charlize Theron, playing a one-armed heroine named ‘Furiosa’ in the film and it’s sequel (said to be shot back-to-back), “Mad Max Furiosa”.
- Catering on the set of the film is said to be ‘insane’. Key members of crew say they were being served “choice-cut steaks” for lunch.
- Some second unit sequences had already been shot, including a chase sequence.
This is the umpteenth delay for the film. The film was due to get off the ground a few years back, with Mel Gibson reprising his role as the renegade ex-cop, but the economy vulcanized that incarnation. It’s only recently that the project has got up again – but not without more delays; as a consequence of the unremitting hiccups, the film has already lost several cast members, most notably Teresa Palmer.
This latest delay suggests that not only will more cast members be forced to pull out of the production (Charlize Theron is said to be attached to two new “Mad Max” movies; Tom Hardy just the one) but the film, having spent so much coin already, will ultimately be closed down for good (just as Miller’s “Justice League” film was in 2008).
According to The Australian, Key crew were told this week not to expect to return for pre-production until August or November next year. Production is now anticipated to begin in the Broken Hill region in February 2012.
As great as it is to hear about all the petite pretties signing up to perform in “Mad Max Fury Road”, it’s the ‘machines’ we really want to hear about, right!?
Teresa Palmer, Charlize Theron, Riley Keough, Adelaide Clemens – all hot, but none of ‘em can blow a gasket like an overheated, oil-leaking Ford Falcon XB Coupe can!
The first three “Mad Max” films have given us cooler transport than that thing 007 drive off the ice on in “Die Another Day” (geddit? cool? move right along Clint!) : the Landau, a black pursuer; the Buggy; The Mac R600 Coolpower truck; the red and white Ford Customline; and of course the 1973 Valiant VH coupe with the GTO front.
So what can we expect wandering ex-cop Max (Tom Hardy) and others to get around in this time around?
Well, assumingly Max is going to be back in ‘the Interceptor’ (there will be picketing if he’s seen cruising along the grime highway in a custom-modified Ford Laser!) while the rest of the gang, well, they’ll be riding along in these beasts. These were discovered in the ADVRider forum today; cars headed to the Silverton location for “Fury Road” :
“Fury Road”, written and directed by Dr. George Miller, picks up Max’s adventures post-Thunderdome/Bruce Spence/Tina Turner/Feral Kids. It begins it’s shoot early next year. A sequel will closely follow.
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
- Dermot Mulroney is Open for Christmas - March 4, 2015
- Netflix to air Beasts of No Nation - March 4, 2015
- Buffy vs. Darth Vader! - March 4, 2015
- Netflix’s Daredevil shows us a Kingpin! - March 3, 2015
- Star Wars spin-off writer ripostes! - March 3, 2015
- Lily Allen in Fifty Shades Darker? - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.