Seems, unlike us, some people weren’t so excited at the prospect of having Mel Gibson scene-steal his way into the “Hangover” sequel.
Earlier this week, it was announced that the tabloid target had been roped into playing a ‘tattoo artist’ in “The Hangover 2″, with his scenes to be shot shortly in Los Angeles (standing in for Thailand).
Unfortunately, some of the cast and crew (*cough* Zach Galifanakis *cough*) weren’t so pleased about the outspoken Gibson’s hiring and voted to have his cameo dumped.
They (*cough* Zach *cough*) got their (*his*) wish.
Director Todd Phillips tells TMZ, “I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of Jeff Robinov and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew.”
As Clint’s said before, I think it’s disappointing that people can’t separate Mel Gibson “at home” from Mel Gibson “at work” – he’s a good actor and that’s all that should matter.
Phillips will, I bet, recast another big name in the Gibson part. Can I vote for Clint Eastwood!? What about Sylvester Stallone!?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013