How’s your day Movieholers? I’m so excited… got to meet Denzel Washington, Tony Scott and Chris Pine today! And Pine remembered me!
But I hide my gush….
Before he gets crackin’ on the next “Indiana Jones” (said to be happening sometime in the next couple of years; take as long as you want sir, just make it good!), Steven Spielberg will helm an adaptation of ”Robopocalypse” for DreamWorks and Disney, the studio announced today.
The film, written by “Cloverfield” writer Daniel Goddard, is based on a post-apocalyptic paperback by Daniel H.Wilson.
DreamWorks acquired the rights to Wilson’s unpublished manuscript back in November 2009. Publishing rights were acquired by Doubleday and they plan to release the book in June 2011.
“‘Robopocalypse’ embodies an imaginative story of a robot rebellion unleashed against the human race,” said Dreamworks’ co-prez of production Mark Sourian. “This is a project we immediately sparked to and with Steven directing it we knew it was in the best possible hands to bring it to worldwide audiences.”
The film won’t begin production until January 2012 and is due out the year after.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013