Funny, there seems to be renewed interest in Tom Cruise. That’s great, but it’s just strange that 18 months ago nobody wanted to touch the Vampire Lestat for fear of being turned (not so much into a vampire but a scientologist, probably?) – guess he/we have Mel Gibson to thank for the diffused bad press?
On top of “Top Gun 2″ scribe Christopher McQuarrie’s comments that Cruise will be the star of that film, and not just have a supporting role as previously reported, E! Online reports that a big-time movie ‘musical’ even wants Cruise!
“Rock of Ages” is a musical built around classic rock hits from the 1980s, especially from the famous glam metal bands of the decade. The show features classic tunes by the likes of Bon Jovi, Poison and Journey, to name but a few.
“Hairspray” director Adam Shankman is helming the movie version, and according to E!, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and Cruise are wanted for parts in the movie. Cruise’s role would be a supporting role – assumingly something along the lines of his very memorable but small turn in “Magnolia”.
Sounds great! But Can cruise sing!?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013