Leonardo DiCaprio, always up for a challenge (and tell me “Critters 3″ wasn’t a challenge!?), will play one of the most notorious murders in U.S History, according to EW.
DiCaprio will produce and star in a big screen adaptation of Erik Larson’s 2003 nonfiction bestseller ”Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness’ at the Fair That Changed America”.
The “Inception” star will play H.H Holmes, the serial killer who confessed to killing 27 people (but may have killed many, many more) during the famed 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago.
What Holmes did is he built a hotel near the fair to lure victims in (“Psycho” style) and then preceded to make his way around the abode with various weapons of destruction. He even had a gas chamber and a dissecting table at the hotel.
Tom Cruise was originally going to produce and star in a Holmes film but the option lapsed before Cruise could get going on the project. DiCaprio was developing a Holmes project at the same time, and when the rights became available to the book again (Cruise had them), he snapped them up.
DiCaprio has about a dozen projects in various stages of development – including the Ian Fleming biopic, an “Aquaman” movie, and “The Great Gatsby” – so it’s hard to say when this one will actually happen. Having said that, being that he’s worked on it for years he’s obviously very passionate about it so may choose for it to be his next project?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013