Despite suggestions by co-star Ernie Hudson that Bill Murray is roadblocking the movie, Dan Aykroyd insists it’s full speed ahead on the “Ghostbusters” sequel.
Aykroyd, out promoting “Yogi Bear”, tells Entertainment Tonight that Murray’s role will be a pisser.
“Great script, and [the writers] have written a part for Bill Murray that is a comic role of a lifetime,” Dan says of his co-star, who played Dr. Peter Venkman in the movies. “We’ve got the material. It’s in the bag. Now it’s just a matter of doing what you do when you produce a movie.”
Murray, of course (it’s the worse kept secret in Hollywood), will be playing ‘The Ghost’ of Venkman in the film. He won’t have that large of a part in the film, due to Murray’s reluctance to be in it.
A casting call was recently issued for the film, suggesting that production is indeed inching forward.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013