I spoke to Scott Bakula (“Men of a Certain Age”) last year – for his role in “The Informant!” – and, of course, just had to bring up the topic of the oft-rumoured “Quantum Leap” movie. Scott – who, by the way, was one of the nicest gentlemen I’ve ever interviewed – said he’s heard a lot of rumours over the years regarding a feature film version of his ’80s TV hit, in which he played time-traveler Sam Beckett, but knows he won’t be involved.
50-year-old Scott – and you know he’s right – said the film will feature bigger, much younger stars that he and Dean Stockwell… if it happens.
Well, seems it is happening.
The good news? Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell will be in it.
The bad news? Two bigger stars will be playing Sam and Al.
Bakula, who will have some sort of cameo in the film, tells New York Magazine that his only wish is for the film to be “great”.
“I would say that about 80 percent of the movies made from TV shows that way are flops, and you wouldn’t want to see that happen to this franchise. It still has a big following, it’s a great memory for so many people, so my hopes are high that if they do it, it’s great.”
Donald Bellisario is writing the “Quantum Leap” movie.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.