In an interview with Collider, the “Iron Man” actress said “No. No Pepper. I think it’s a for sure. I think they’re starting shooting soon and they probably would have asked me by now” in response to a question about her involvement in Joss Whedon’s 2012 blockbuster.
I don’t think it takes a genius to work out why Paltrow won’t be involved – too expensive. If Marvel couldn’t match Edward Norton’s fee, and consequently replaced him with a just-as-effective albeit more affordable actor (in Mark Ruffalo), they’re sure as shit not going to pay Paltrow the big biccies to play what would likely be a fleeting appearance, and one without any significance to the bigger story going on in “The Avengers”.
“The Avengers” is going to be expensive enough, what with Robert Downey Jr, Samuel L.Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo all worthy of a pretty-enough sum each, so I wouldn’t expect to see any other sizable stars playing the second fiddle parts. But fear not Pepper Potts fans, she’s undoubtedly going to be back for the sure ‘thang “Iron Man 3″.
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.