Matt Damon and Edward Norton have been talking about redonning their poker faces for a “Rounders” sequel for some time now. Well, seems the chips have fallen on their side. This morning, it was announced that The Weinsteins and Miramax have agreed to unite on producing not only a sequel to the cardshark drama but several other sequels and TV projects.
“Rounders 2″ makes sense… in some ways. So does “Bad Santa 2″, which would see Billy Bob Thornton reprise his role as the foul-mouthed Lauren Graham-banging bad boy of the Shopping Mall. And with “Scream 4″ just around the corner, there’s opportunities for “Scary Movie 5″ too. But it’s some of the other sequels that have been announced that don’t make a lick of sense…. for instance, “Shakespeare in Love 2″. Really? Where could that possibly go!? More cross-dressing fun in ye old times!?
It’s also been announced that projects based on the properties “Clerks”, “From Dusk Till Dawn”, “Swingers”, ”Shall We Dance”, ”The Amityville Horror”, “Copland” and “Bridget Jones’ Diary” are in the works. One can only assume the companies are considering turn them all into TV series.
According to the companies, “Rounders 2″, “Shakespeare in Love 2″, “Scary Movie 5″ and “Bad Santa 2″ are atop of the to-do list.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.