When initially asked about the rumours that he was up for the role of ‘Hawkeye’ in the “Avengers” movie, actor Jeremy Renner confirmed his interest plus predicted the character might be first introduced in the “Thor” movie.
A few weeks later Renner back peddled, saying that not only was he not in talks to play Hawkeye but he was only speculating about the character making a cameo in “Thor”.
Since then, of course, it’s been confirmed that Renner (currently filming the fourth “Mission : Impossible”) will indeed be playing the character of Hawkeye (alias Clint Barton) in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers” movie.
So what does this mean for the “Thor” cameo rumour? That true too?
TheWrap says yes. ‘’Renner will first appear as Hawkeye in a cameo in the Kenneth Branagh-directed “Thor,””, says the site, claiming they received the info from “an individual who has seen an early cut of Thor”.
“The person declined to elaborate on the context of the character’s appearance or when it will occur. They did, however, confirm Jackson’s earlier statements that Nick Fury does not appear in “Thor.””, says the site.
So no Sam Jackson, but a Jeremy Renner appearance in “Thor”. Should keep the ladies happy!
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013