Stephen Sommers won’t return to direct the “G.I Joe” sequel, says The Los Angeles Times.
”Those who were on the fence about the filmmaker can unhook themselves: After reports this summer that Sommers would be returning to direct a planned sequel, it looks like he won’t be doing that after all”, says the newspaper.
“Two agents who represent other filmmakers have said they’d recently been approached about their clients coming on to helm the movie and were told that Sommers would not be getting behind the camera. Paramount declined to comment.”
Now you’ll recall there were rumours leading up to the release of the first film in 2008 suggesting Sommers and Paramount had butted heads throughout production, so no big surprise that he’s not heading back into the fire for another scorching.
“G.I Joe 2″, which will reunite the cast of the original (Channing Tatum, Rachel Nichols and so on), will find itself another director… if it hasn’t already.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013