Naomi Watts has signed on to play Helen Gandy, the title character’s long-serving secretary in Clint Eastwood’s “J.Edgar”, according to Deadline.
The Australian actor had been rumoured to be up for a role in “The Dark Knight” – playing that of photojournalist Vicki Vale – but it’d seem Watts has yanked herself from that race… if there were any truth to the rumours.
In “J.Edgar”, Watts plays a woman who helped keep the FBI founder’s files secret – all that incriminating stuff – for the longest time. Gandy ultimately destroyed Hoover’s file.
Watts takes on a role once reserved for Charlize Theron, who has opted instead to star in “Snow White and the Huntsman” over at Universal.
In addition to Leonardo Di Caprio, Ed Westwick, Ken Howard and Armie Hammer, “J.Edgar” features another Aussie – Damon Herriman, whom Watts worked with on the acclaimed mini-series “Brides of Christ”.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.