Naomi Watts has signed on to play Helen Gandy, the title character’s long-serving secretary in Clint Eastwood’s “J.Edgar”, according to Deadline.
The Australian actor had been rumoured to be up for a role in “The Dark Knight” – playing that of photojournalist Vicki Vale – but it’d seem Watts has yanked herself from that race… if there were any truth to the rumours.
In “J.Edgar”, Watts plays a woman who helped keep the FBI founder’s files secret – all that incriminating stuff – for the longest time. Gandy ultimately destroyed Hoover’s file.
Watts takes on a role once reserved for Charlize Theron, who has opted instead to star in “Snow White and the Huntsman” over at Universal.
In addition to Leonardo Di Caprio, Ed Westwick, Ken Howard and Armie Hammer, “J.Edgar” features another Aussie – Damon Herriman, whom Watts worked with on the acclaimed mini-series “Brides of Christ”.
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
- Dumb guys want Carrey for Deep Cover - December 18, 2014
- North Korea responsible for Sony attack - December 18, 2014
- Sony not releasing The Interview now - December 18, 2014
- Trailer : Alien Outpost - December 17, 2014
- Peter Dinklage vs. girly Ghostbusters? - December 17, 2014
- Cinemas dropping The Interview after threats - December 17, 2014
- The Water Diviner - December 17, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.