The ‘House that Freddy Built’ were quick to greenlight remakes of “Friday the 13th” and “A Nightmare on Elm Street” a couple of years ago, and yet despite the success of those superfluous do-overs, they haven’t pushed forward with sequels. Very strange, right?
Word surfaced last year that the studio had decided against continuing the franchises – for whatever reason.
Producer (of both remakes) Brad Fuller tweeted today said that while New Line doesn’t seem interested in sequelizing either film right now, both films may still happen.
“I want to set the record straight on Freddy and Jason… First, let’s talk Jason. [Damian] Shannon and [Mark] Swift wrote a great script. We are ready to go, when New Line is ready. But as of yet, they are not ready.”
As for a follow-up to last year’s “A Nightmare on Elm Street”? We may have dodged a bullet.
”As for Freddy, as far as I know, there isnt even talk of writing another script.”
You guys be interested in seeing sequels to the “Elm Street” and “Friday the 13th” remakes?
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014