According to Deadline, the “Walk the Line” star (who, for the past couple of years, tricked his fans into believing he’d been transformed into a mumbling, bearded rapper) is being courted for Fox’s adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel “Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter”. Phoenix would play the title character’s mentor. Benjamin Walker is signed on to play the lead role of Lincoln; here an axe-throwing vampire-slaying action hero.
Director Timur Bekmambetov and Producer Tim Burton want Phoenix to play Henry, a “mythic, ageless” figure who helps Lincoln become the best darn vampire slayer since, er, Pike (one for fans of 1992’s “Buffy” there).
In a rather uncomfortable coincidence, Joaquin’s late brother Phoenix had just begun work on a vampire-centric movie, 1994’s “Interview with the Vampire”, when he collapsed and died outside of the Viper Room nightclub.
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.