NBC recently agreed to run with David E.Kelley’s “Wonder Woman” reboot series. While we await to hear who’ll be donning the bracelets and bra, Bleeding Cool have gotten their hands on some plot details for the series :
■There’s a Myndi Mayer, herein portrayed as Diana’s BFF.
■ There’s a scene with comics character Etta Candy, a role that’s pretty much written like a job offer to Melissa McCarthy.
■ Long ago, government man Steve Trevor crashed onto Wonder Woman’s island and brought her back to New York, but now they’ve split up. She still loves him, though, and it’s obvious that their relationship is going to be a focus.
■ Diana might not have an invisible jet (if she did, I didn’t see it) but she has a whole rainbow’s worth of over coloured aircraft.
■ She has the lasso, and those bracelets with which she deflects bullets.
■ Her nemesis is Veronica Cale, who in this continuity is an evil scientist and rival businesswoman with a secret, nefarious plan that you’ll probably guess ahead of time.
But what makes Diana tick?
■ Identifies with ET the Extra Terrestrial when his movie comes on TV.
■ Really loves planes. Like really.
■ Pines for Steve like Carrie for Big.
■ Wants to belong and be “among” people, not just “with” them.
■ Sings along to the radio in multiple scenes – but nothing with a hairbrush in front of the mirror just yet.
■ Doesn’t like being “marketed, commercialized, merchandised”, though she is – there’s a joke about Wonder Woman tie-in dolls having their costumes redesigned that seems to reference the recent makeover for the comics.
■ When she’s Diana Prince she’s a mousey Miley Stewart, when she’s Diana Themiscyra she’s the Hanna Montana of businesswomen, and when she’s Wonder Woman she’s Wonder Woman – which is precisely twice in the whole episode.
■ Is a capitalist.
■ Puts on her PJs for an ice-cream filled sleepover with best friend Myndi.
You can find the rest of the story here
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013