“Saturday Night Live” alums Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph team for “Bridesmaids”, a new Paul Feig directed comedy that, while seemingly encompassing the same type of hammy, overdone humour that have kept the SNL engines running in recent years, looks quite good. If that’s the case, I’m thinking it’s because of Kristen Wiig, one of SNL’s most gifted (Also great in the films “Adventureland” and “Whip It!”), who wrote the script for the thing. The girl, having done quite a few comedy gems, probably has a fairly good idea of what makes a good laffer. Having said that, she’s in good company – Feig, of course, is the genius behind TV fave “Freaks & Geeks” and Judd Apatow is producing.
The film, also starring Australia’s Rose Byrne (“Damages”), Jon Hamm (“Mad Men”), Melissa McCarthy (“Mike and Molly”), and screen legend Jill Clayburgh, tells of a maid of honor, Annie, played by Wiig who “has her life unravel right before her eyes as she, her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony.”
Trailer after the poster :
Will you say ‘I do’ to to this one?
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.