Due to some sort of scheduling clash (or, as is more likely the case, the production would’ve required fly-phobic McG to travel by airplane), “Charlie’s Angels” helmer McG won’t be directing the pilot for NBC’s new “Wonder Woman”. Instead, “Friday Night Lights” director – and therefore someone already with a payroll number at NBC – Jeffrey Reiner has been tapped to helm episode 101 of the David E.Kelley godfathered project.
Reiner has directed some quality television in the past – “Trauma”, “Caprica”, and, as I said, [early episodes of] “Friday Night Lights” so should be able to punch out a reasonable enough pilot – something with as much character as ass-kicking.
No word yet on who’ll play Wonder Woman but here’s some concept sketches.
On a more serious note, there have been some details announced about what kind of tone and what the gist of the pilot will fix on here. As a fan of Kelley’s stuff (particularly “Chicago Hope” ), I dare say this is going to be a fun show.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.