Due to some sort of scheduling clash (or, as is more likely the case, the production would’ve required fly-phobic McG to travel by airplane), “Charlie’s Angels” helmer McG won’t be directing the pilot for NBC’s new “Wonder Woman”. Instead, “Friday Night Lights” director – and therefore someone already with a payroll number at NBC – Jeffrey Reiner has been tapped to helm episode 101 of the David E.Kelley godfathered project.
Reiner has directed some quality television in the past – “Trauma”, “Caprica”, and, as I said, [early episodes of] “Friday Night Lights” so should be able to punch out a reasonable enough pilot – something with as much character as ass-kicking.
No word yet on who’ll play Wonder Woman but here’s some concept sketches.
On a more serious note, there have been some details announced about what kind of tone and what the gist of the pilot will fix on here. As a fan of Kelley’s stuff (particularly “Chicago Hope” ), I dare say this is going to be a fun show.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.