By having me file this story you’re being saved from listening to Christopher Cross. Believe me. Had Clint been at the controls, he’d definitely have capped off this story on the “Arthur” remake with an embed from YouTube of the original’s theme song. Thank me later.
Nothing wrong with the original “Arthur” though – nothing at all, in fact it’s rather sublime. A very sweet comedy about a drunk zillionaire, played by the late great Dudley Moore, who falls in love with a woman (Liza Minnelli) who poses a threat to his wealthy well being (she’s a prostitute you see, and Arthur’s deemed to marry a rich, beautiful businessman’s daughter) it’s perfectly perfect.
A remake is here, with Russell Brand playing the never-sober slob and “Greenberg” scene-stealer Greta Gerwig in the ‘Liza’ role. The divine Helen Mirren steps in for the late John Gielguld as Arthur’s steadfast butler and right-hand
man woman and Jennifer Garner plays the snooty so-and-so that Arthur’s supposed to marry.
I think this looks fun! You?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013