The Academy of Motion Picture, Arts and Scumbags disgracefully omitted the late Corey Haim from last night’s ‘in memoriam’ montage. A couple of others were noticeably excluded too (Peter Graves and Lisa Blount, an Oscar winner for “An Officer and a Gentlemen”) but I think Haim’s snubbing was the worst. For one, he was famous, just as famous – if not more so – than some of the talent that were included in the piece. Secondly, he was a good young actor that had been actively working in the industry for over thirty years up (until his death, at age 38, last year).
I don’t know whether the board simply left Haim out because of the ‘way’ he died (and if so, shame on you ‘tards!) or simply because they don’t consider his catalog of films to be ‘worthy of the Oscars’ (“Ewww, we can’t show a clip from Dream a Little Dream at the Oscars! That’s Outrageous!’) but one thing’s for sure, the old prune-chewing coots need to hang their fucking heads in shame.
Corey, we salute and remember you sir.
Corey Haim (1971- 2010)
What was favourite Haim movie?
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.