Looks like Warner Brothers wants to beat the shit out of another great sci-fi classic, only this time I might take it a little personally, especially when it comes to…”Blade Runner.”
Today, Alcon Entertainment (paid for by the WB) announced they’ve almost tied the knot to producer Bud Yorkin to secure the rights to the classic sci-fi flick with plans for sequels and prequels. (of course)
“We are honored and excited to be in business with Bud Yorkin. This is a major acquisition for our company, and a personal favorite film for both of us. We recognize the responsibility we have to do justice to the memory of the original with any prequel or sequel we produce. We have long-term goals for the franchise, and are exploring multi-platform concepts, not just limiting ourselves to one medium only.”
Let’s hope these “replicant” flicks don’t put a damper on the otherwise beautiful stamp “Blade Runner” had secured in film history.
I know everyone’s fed up with prequels, sequels and the like, but for some reason, this one just feels dirty.
BladeRunner 2? It just doesn’t sound right.
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014