Scott Stewart’s “Priest” might just be the equivalent of the San Diego-bound Amtrak – it’s inching closer and closer towards it’s final destination, but sheesh, it’s sure in no hurry.
The second collaboration between Paul ‘I get to warm Jennifer Connelly’s stumps every night’ Bettany and “Legion” director Scott Sterwart, “Priest” is a film that’s been hanging about “Season of the Witch”-style for a while now; not to fret though religi-thriller fans, I’m sure it’s slow-mo run for a release date has more to do with the studio wanting the optimum time to release the thing, and nothing to do with the product itself. After all, studios never hang onto films just so they can dump them unceremoniously twelve months later.. that would be… er, hey! Look over there >
In all seriousness, the film sounds and looks good – for one, there’s no truck-driving Tyrese nor have I spotted wings on Bettany’s back. Win Win. Sure, it may be one to save for the 1080p loungeroom but whatever the case, still going to be worth directing your peepers to anyway.
Set 100 years from now after the war between Christians and Satanists, the film is about a Christian warrior priest (Paul Bettany) who disobeys church law by teaming with a young sheriff (Cam Gigandet) and a priestess (Maggie Q) to track down a cult of vampire outlaws that is led by a former Christian and now a Satanic priest, Black Hat, who kidnapped his niece before they brainwash her.
Thanks to the poster gods, we’ve a heavenly new one-sheet for “Priest” :
- First look at the Kent Farm in Man Of Steel - July 10, 2011
- Bradley Cooper In Talks For The Lead Role In The Crow - April 13, 2011
- Geoffrey Rush Will Be Voicing Tomar-Re In Green Lantern; Plus Date For Second Trailer - March 31, 2011
- Official Synopsis For Super 8 Revealed - March 11, 2011
- Pray Priest is as good as it’s new poster! - March 7, 2011
- The Avengers Will Face Loki & Skrulls? - March 3, 2011