Former “Lost” (and “Party of Five”!) star Matthew Fox will play the villain of “I, Alex Cross”, a reboot of the popular film franchise that kicked off in 1997 with the Morgan Freeman headliner “Kiss the Girls”. The much younger Tyler Perry plays the James Patterson created character this time around, suggesting “Alex Cross” will serve as somewhat of an origins tale.
According to Deadline, Fox will play “Michael Sullivan, who kills both for money and thrills. He’s known as the Butcher of Sligo and shows why after Cross thwarts one of his killing attempts. Sullivan makes his retribution personal, by killing the detective’s wife in gruesome fashion. Then it becomes a mano a mano battle between them. Sullivan is one of the best known villains in the Patterson-penned novel series.”
Matthew Fox has done a few movies – “Smokin’ Aces” and “Speed Racer” immediately coming to mind – but hasn’t yet managed to crack cinema. Hopefully this is the role that cements his future as a movie star.
Also joining the cast is Ed Burns; Burns is playing Tommy Kane, Cross’s partner.
Rob Cohen (“xXx”) directs the project, which three majors are said to be vying for distribution rights on.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013