Update! The always-dependable Hank Azaria (“The Simpsons”, “Along Came Polly”) is said to be the frontrunner to play Moe, while “X-Men” hunk James Marsden is likely to play Larry, according to Deadline. We should know by the end of next week.
He had some tough competition (including Australia’s Shane Jacobsen) but former “Mad TV” regular Will Sasso has snagged the highly-coveted role of ‘Curly’ in the Farrelly’s “Three Stooges” movie, according to THR.
Sasso, who you may have seen in “Life as We Know it”, will do a great job. Jim Carrey had been long attached to play the role in the project’s early days.
Expect to hear who is playing Moe and Larry in the coming days.
One half of “The Three Stooges” directing team, Bobby Farrelly recently told Moviehole that this will be the duo’s first real ‘family’ film.
“We’ll probably be a lot less typical Farrelly brothers stuff. We’re going to be as true as we can to the spirit of “The Three Stooges”. And they weren’t raunchy and they weren’t like outrageous. They were extraordinarily funny but it was just that kind of slapstick, the almost vaudeville-type humor. We’re going to do what we can do to recapture that. And so, it will probably be like I said, less us more of them.”
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013