With a noticeable lack of marketing leading up to it’s release in two month’s time – well, besides a substandard trailer trailer (that left a bad taste in a bit to many people’s mouths) – a grey cloud hovers over the kinda-anticipated silver screen outing of ”Green Lantern’.
But finally… some positive news for director Martin Campbell’s superhero film. Is this enough to turn the frown upside down, guys?
Hero Complex is reporting that Aussie thesp Geoffrey Rush has scored the role of voicing Hal Jordan’s alien mentor Tomar-Re. Great lung addition, right!?
Here is what Geoff Boucher of the aforementioned site had to say about the casting report, as well as when he thinks WB will officially announce the news:
Geoffrey Rush is back in the mode of demanding teacher — but instead of a king’s speech therapist, the Aussie actor will be Tomar-Re, a bird-beaked alien who teaches Ryan Reynolds’ character how to use his new cosmic powers in “Green Lantern.”Warner Bros. is expected to officially announce Thursday that the 59-year-old Oscar winner is giving voice to the CG-created member of the Green Lantern Corps.
While having a chat with L.A Times about the lack of marketing done on the film, WB’s Jeff Robinov revealed that a second trailer will be in front Marvel Studio’s “Thor”, which hits theaters May 6.
“Green Lantern” hits theaters June 17th stateside.
- First look at the Kent Farm in Man Of Steel - July 10, 2011
- Bradley Cooper In Talks For The Lead Role In The Crow - April 13, 2011
- Geoffrey Rush Will Be Voicing Tomar-Re In Green Lantern; Plus Date For Second Trailer - March 31, 2011
- Official Synopsis For Super 8 Revealed - March 11, 2011
- Pray Priest is as good as it’s new poster! - March 7, 2011
- The Avengers Will Face Loki & Skrulls? - March 3, 2011