Joaquin Phoenix has reportedly signed on to act in Paul Thomas Anderson’s new movie about religion, “The Master”.
Variety says Phoenix has picked his first job after the bizarre public trickery that led to “I’m Still Here”, playing an disciple to a man (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) who invented a new Scientology-esque religion in the 1950s.
Hoffman will play Lancaster Dodd, a man overflowing with personality who attracts people to his new religion. Phoenix will apparently play his first main follower Freddie Sutton, an alcoholic who eventually breaks away from him.
Paul Thomas Anderson, whose credits include “Boogie Nights” and “There Will Be Blood” is signed on to direct.
What do you think- is this a good move for Joaquin Phoenix’s return the big screen?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013