Universal Pictures are in talks to convert the successful Broadway musical inspired by the Green Day album “American Idiot” into a flick for the big screen, according to Deadline.
The musical tells the story of three young, angry guys living in “Jingletown”, somewhere in the suburbs of the USA and follows them growing up, all mixed in with songs from the band’s massively successful 2004 concept album.
And to top it off, Green Day’s lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong is apparently being asked to be in the movie, playing the part of drug dealer ‘St Jimmy’, the bad-boy subconscious of one of the main characters.
The script will be written by Dustin Lance Black of Oscar-winning “Milk” fame, and will be directed by Michael Mayer, who also directed the stage-show. The current Broadway run ends later this month, and then will tour around the United States.
Any Green Day fans excited? With the right cast, I think this movie could be huge.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013