Not surprising, what with the cast and crew speaking up another three sequels (!) at the “Fast Five” junket in Rio this past weekend, Universal has announced a fifth sequel to “Fast and the Furious” is in the works.
Chris Morgan, who wrote the last three films in the series, has inked a two-year deal with Universal that includes heading the charge on the “Fast Six” script according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Universal co-chairman Donna Langley praises Morgan for being more than just a writer (Morgan’s done real good for himself, apparently he started out as a PA on films like “Flubber”!)
“He’s been not only integral to the Fast and Furious franchise, he comes up with fresh ideas and he thinks like a producer when we have budget conversations,” Langley says. “We wanted to show him our appreciation, and we selfishly wanted to make sure his home was here. We don’t want him going anywhere else.”
Where will Morgan’s “Fast Six” script be set? Though a post-credits teaser on “Fast Five” suggests the gang may be headed to Berlin, director Justin Lin tells The Sydney Morning Herald there’s a chance they may take the show dowunder.
“In the lifetime of this franchise, we’ll probably travel everywhere around the world,” he said. “I know that in Australia we have a huge fan base and we always have a great time when we go down there…So I’m always kind of looking at the roads and trying to figure out if there’s any way we can find the right match in Australia for this franchise.”
Gold Coast Grand Prix, maybe?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013