Though he was approached to do Warner’s “Man of Steel” (before Zack Snyder lunged for a pen and a dotted line), Zemeckis has taken interest in John Gatin’s “Flight”, a screenplay that doesn’t sound too dissimilar from Zemeckis’ “Cast Away”.
The film, says Deadline, would tell of…
a commercial airline pilot named Whip Whitaker. When his plane malfunctions and a crash seems imminent, he saves the day with some heroic flying and manages to land the plane with minimal casualties. He’s instantly hailed as a hero, but as an investigation into the cause of the crash unfolds, it becomes clear that he was flying under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The film is the pilot’s journey as he is encouraged to wear a hero label he thinks he doesn’t deserve, while the pilot’s union and airline try to keep the facts under cover because of the high stakes involved.
The flick is set up at Paramount.
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014