Will Smith is on the cards to play the title role in “Django Unchained”, Quentin Tarantino’s new spaghetti Western about a freed American slave who goes on the search for his wife.
The Hollywood Reporter says the script has been doing the rounds and is already gaining popularity, and Smith is pretty keen to play the heroic character especially with Tarantino on board.
The plot goes something like this: Django is freed and goes looking for his wife in the Deep South, finding a partner in a German bounty hunter who helps him crush a villainous plantation owner.
It’ll be Tarantino’s first movie since 2009’s “Inglourious Basterds” which was an international box office and critical success. Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz (who also worked with Tarantion on “Basterds”) are also being considered for key roles.
Smith is currently filming another blockbuster “Men In Black 3″ due to come out next year.
I think it could be a smash for Will to take the role; if it’s got a tight script and with Tarantino’s vision there’ll be Oscar buzz right from the word go. Do you want to see Will Smith play Django?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013