- WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED….
- Charles S.Dutton has joined the cast of fx’s “Powers” – show about cops dealing with people with super-powers (like ‘Super Chopper”)
- Camilla Luddington joins “Californication” - TV’s ‘Kate Middleton’ to shed her crown?
- Scott Baio has a new sitcom – the Mayans may have been right.
- Laura Linney to play distant cousin of FDR – in Bill Murray starrer “Hyde Park on the Hudson”
- Two new “Tarzan” scripts in the works? – and both at Warner Bros. One is by Adam Cozard (“Moscow”); the other has Craig Brewer (“Hustle & Flow”) onboard. Thankfully neither have Billy Bob Thornton attached to play the title role (remember that!? shit!)
- “In the Company of Men” reunion alert! Eckhart and LaBute reteam for “The Geography of Hope” – Ed Harris also onboard flick, set in the the 1970s, and fixing on “two crooks (Eckhart and Harris) flee to Baja, Mexico, after a robbery in a San Diego convenience store goes bad. There they encounter several American women, and they find themselves torn between the impulse to grift the ladies and romance them.”
- Catherine Hardwicke directing “The Bitch Posse”, based on the book by Martha O’Connor – ”The book focuses on three friends, Cherry, Amy and Rennie, high school seniors who come from troubled homes and form a dangerous alliance called the Bitch Posse. Something occurs that rips apart the friendship and haunts them into adulthood. The book switches back and forth from those high school years to their adult lives where one is in a mental institution, the other is a promiscuous writer and the third suffers through a loveless marriage.” So it’s like… Romy & Michele without the Reunion? Laughs? Alan Cumming? Post-It Notes?
- The next season of “Brothers & Sisters” will have less episodes, less Calista – If it was “The Love Boat : The Next Wave”, I’d care.
- Vincent D’Onofrio and Chelsea Handler for Eric Bogosian’s “Mall” – Apparently it’s a comment on social violence. “The film follows the intersecting paths of five disaffected suburbanites: a stoner teen, a restless housewife (a dark role to be played by Handler), a voyeuristic businessman (D’Onofrio), a mall security guard and a trigger-happy crystal meth addict who heads to the mall looking for trouble. Bogosian will play a store owner.” Joe Hahn directs.
- Hugh Grant, Martin Freeman, David Tennant, Imelda Staunton, Jeremy Piven, Salma Hayek, Brian Blessed, Brendan Gleeson, Russell Tovey and Ashley Jenson to provide voices in “The Pirates! Band of Misfits” – It’s Aardman, so it’ll take a good twelve months before it’s in a bargain bin sorry, ma.
- Walter Coggins the prime suspect in new David Boreanaz movie “Officer Down” – Like his co-star, hails from TV (as do I. Remember “Step by Step”? I was Cody.)
- Vince Vaughan heading back to Vegas for “Lay the Favorite”- the new Stephen Frears gambling pic with Bruce Willis and Rebecca Hall. Vaughn plays a bookie. Assumingly, his research will involve talking to a few mates and staying at the Belagio.
- That Steven Soderbergh/Gina Carrano martial-arts action flick has a poster – “Kickboxer 2 : The Road Back” meets “The Crossing Guard”?
- New Posters for “Sleeping Beauty”, “Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark”, “The Ledge”, “The Beaver” and more – wallpaper need changing?
- Taissa Farmiga (yes, her sister is Vera) and Evan Peters join “American Horror Story” – They’re the characters your 15-year-old will be crushing on.
- Woody Allen has confirmed Roberto Bengini is in his next movie – Life is Eccentrical.
- There are new images from the “Footloose” remake online – and wow, that Julianne Hough really lifts my, er, Ariel.
- Sam Worthington will Kill Bin Laden one week too late – Playing a special operative in a Kathryn Bigelow film about knocking off the already-dead terrorist.
- Michael Sheen isn’t doing “Dark Shadows” anymore - Fuck.
- The new trailer for Michael Bay’s “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” has been downloaded more than 6 million times in its first 24 hours on iTunes Movie Trailers (http://www.apple.com/trailers), becoming the most-viewed trailer in the site’s history – Yes, but how did the one for “American Pie : Beta House” go? Big too, I’m guessing?
CLINT’S PICK OF THE DAY
“First Blood” (1982)
Roger Ebert said : “Until the last twenty or thirty minutes, however, FIRST BLOOD is a very good movie, well-paced, and well-acted not only by Stallone (who invests an unlikely character with great authority) but also by Crenna and Brian Dennehy, as the police chief. The best scenes come as Stallone’s on the run in the forest, using a hunting knife with a compass in the handle, and living off the land.”
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.