- WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED….
- Universal looking at doing “Arabian Knights” with producer Brian Grazer – With a ‘K’, yes. Will be quite different to the other “Arabian Nights” in production (the one with Thor’s little brother) and will be accompanied by comics, video games and books. Maybe even underwear drenched in wet sand.
- Jamie Campbell Bower, Ed Speleers and Leebo Freeman up for ‘Jace’ in “The Mortal Instruments” – Just pick one and stick to it.
- Ed Whitworth doing “Lost Years of Merlin” for Warner Bros – Apparently it’s based on a book. Aren’t they all, though?
- Michael Mann directing “Agincourt” – About an archer who works for King Henry V and goes into battle with the French.
- Tilda Swinton, Michael Fassbender, and Mia Wasikowska will star in a Jim Jarmusch “Crypto-Vampire Love Story” – A romantic vampire love story, with the aforementioned trio playing vampires, set in the backdrop of Detroit and Tangiers. John Hurt will have a small role.
- Michael Bay says ‘the twins’ from “Transformers 2″ aren’t in the new movie – T.F.G
- Chris Pine in “Mud” – Captain Kirk is going to play the lead role in writer-director Jeff Nichols new movie about two boys who help a prisoner escape from an island in the Mississipi.
- Marti Noxon doesn’t think there will be an “I Am Number Four” sequel – with those returns? No way!
- The first official image from “Gambit” is online – Cloris Leachman and Stanley Tucci have also joined the cast
- J.T Petty directing “Haunted Temple” – “Grudge”-esque horror film to shoot in Japan.
- Kim Basinger, Nick Stahl, Freddy Rodriguez and Jennifer Morrison for Steven Christopher Young’s “Over the Wall” – Film is a love story set in the world of professional stock-car racing and centers on how a tragic event rips apart the lives and relationships of four people. Principal photography is slated to begin this summer in Ohio.
- Julie Andrews, Gemma Arterton, Matthew Goode, and Gabriel Byrne in Agatha Christie’s “Crooked House” – for director Neil LaBute.
- Yvonne Strahovski will join Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen in the comedy “Mr Mother’s Curse” – She’s hot. Yvonne. Not Babs.
- Director David Arquette taps lead for “Glutton”– Abraham Benrubi has been tapped to star as the 1,200-pound man in Arquette’s next directing piece
- Thomas Kretschmann will play Dracula in the new Dario Argento film – wasn’t it supposed to be Rutger Hauer!?
- Martin Campbell won’t direct another “Green Lantern” movie – Didn’t he say the same thing after doing the 007 film, “Goldeneye”?
- A sequel to Gareth Edwards’ “Monsters” is in the works – Edwards isn’t involved.
- What’s to become of the “Tomorrow When the World Began” franchise? – It will continue in some form but disappointing box office overseas might hinder plans for a large-scale, expensive set of sequels.
- “Something Borrowed 2″ – Believe It. It’s Coming.
CLINT’SCAPTAIN’S PICK OF THE DAY
“The Buddy Holly Story” (1982)
Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat said : “The Buddy Holly Story moves us with the joyfulness of its music and the honest sentiment aroused in us by this gawky, shy rock singer and songwriter.“