Eminem’s sophmore effort “Southpaw”, a drama about a boxing champ who returns to the ring after a tragedy, looks to have secured the services of Antoine Fuqua. The “Training Day” and “Tears of the Sun” will direct a picture that’s only really inched forward because of the success of the similiar-themed “The Fighter”.
Kurt Sutter wrote the script for the pic, which is looking to shoot in the Fall, according to THR.
I loved Eminem’s first flick, “8 Mile”. I don’t think anyone can fault the rapper cum actor’s performance in that movie – it was raw, real and raptastic. His performance there – some may say it’s all in his sorrowful eyes – is unbelievable. He surprises the sceptics with his honest, regretful and credible performance as the small fry with a heart of gold who gets his moment.
And that film was great too. Curtis Hanson’s “Mile” actually resembles the original ”Rocky”: The beginning scenes, middle and ‘battle of the rappers’ finale bears much resemble to Stallone’s landmark hit, although it’s microphones here that are the weapon, not fists. And like “Rocky”, it’s an extremely well written tale, and by its end you’ll be well and truly taken with its ostensible underdog.
Look forward to seeing how Eminem fares as a boxer.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.