Eminem’s sophmore effort “Southpaw”, a drama about a boxing champ who returns to the ring after a tragedy, looks to have secured the services of Antoine Fuqua. The “Training Day” and “Tears of the Sun” will direct a picture that’s only really inched forward because of the success of the similiar-themed “The Fighter”.
Kurt Sutter wrote the script for the pic, which is looking to shoot in the Fall, according to THR.
I loved Eminem’s first flick, “8 Mile”. I don’t think anyone can fault the rapper cum actor’s performance in that movie – it was raw, real and raptastic. His performance there – some may say it’s all in his sorrowful eyes – is unbelievable. He surprises the sceptics with his honest, regretful and credible performance as the small fry with a heart of gold who gets his moment.
And that film was great too. Curtis Hanson’s “Mile” actually resembles the original ”Rocky”: The beginning scenes, middle and ‘battle of the rappers’ finale bears much resemble to Stallone’s landmark hit, although it’s microphones here that are the weapon, not fists. And like “Rocky”, it’s an extremely well written tale, and by its end you’ll be well and truly taken with its ostensible underdog.
Look forward to seeing how Eminem fares as a boxer.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.