MGM have been trying to get a “Poltergeist” sequel/remake/reboot/spin-off up longer than I’ve been a Dad (I should know; you can read about it here); are we any closer to seeing one though? I doubt it. Still, doesn’t stop the shingle from trying to pretend they’re interested in being in the ‘Freeling’ business. According to Vulture, the re-liquidated MGM are after David Lindsay-Abaire (“Rabbit Hole”) to write the script for the remake (Yeah, they no longer believe – and frankly, weren’t ever truly convinced – a sequel, featuring returning characters from the original film, is viable).
Lindsay-Abaire, who wrote “Oz : The Great and Powerful”, has not yet accepted the mission of trying to breathe new life into a franchise addition that, quite simply, will never be able to compete with the original
Tobe Hooper Steven Spielberg original – and maybe that’s the reason behind his indecisiveness. In fact, I don’t doubt it. The one thing I’ll say, as much as I detest the idea of a remake of “Poltergeist”, atleast MGM are chasing worthy writers to get the job done.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.