Read in the paper this morning that Charlie Sheen has apparently got a new TV show in the works, one that won’t even have to go through the usual pilot process but be immediately greenlit; plan would be for the show to begin airing in January. Sounds a little dimish to think that a network wouldn’t even test a show, even with a successful star like Sheen involved, but it could be true (there’s bound to be a few network execs out there who want the ‘next two-and-a-half men’ on their network; hope they’re not too disappointed when Sheen turns in a turd). Let’s not forget that Sheen has had just as many failures as he has successes – in fact, besides his two year stint on “Spin City” (which wasn’t even his show; Michael J.Fox was the drawcard there and ratings dipped significantly once Sheen came onboard to replace the ailing Fox), CBS’s “Two and-a-half Men” is the only real bright spot amongst Sheen’s TV credits*, and for that matter his recent movie credits.
According to TMZ, Sheen is in deep negotiations to return to TV… in some shape or form. I don’t know how they’ll get insurance for the guy, but suppose if Robert Downey Jr got away with being on “Ally McBeal” for as long as he did (though it wasn’t too long) while remaining his typical partyboy self, there’ll be a way for Chuck to beat the system too.
* Prior to “Spin City” Sheen featured in the A&E pilot “Sugar Hill”. It never made it to a second episode.
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.