Russell Crowe is in talks to play the small but pivotal role of Jor-El in Warner’s “Superman” reboot.
If the deal comes off, it’ll be another casting coup for 2012 tentpole “Man of Steel” which has already secured the services of the likes of Kevin Costner (Jonathan Kent), Diane Lane (Martha Kent), Michael Shannon (General Zod), Amy Adams (Lois Lane) and Henry Cavill, playing the title role.
Deadline says there’s no deal yet with “Next Three Days” star Crowe but the fact that he’s in talks indicates Warners are chasing big names for near every role in the film – outside of ‘Superman’ himself – which, obviously, is the same tatic Dick Donner and the Salkinds applied to the original 1978 “Superman” movie.
The role of Jor-El was played by Marlon Brando in “Superman” and more recently, Terrence Stamp and Julian Sands (who provided the voice and face, respectively) on “Smallville”.
What do you think of Crowe as Jor-El?
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.