The hotly anticipated sequels to “Avatar” are well underway, and naturally, there’s a fair bit of pressure on director/genius James Cameron to deliver. I mean, once you’ve made the two highest grossing films ever it’s tough to keep the ball rolling.
He spoke to Fox News, and here’s the important parts:
“We’re shooting two films back-to-back, so I’m writing two scripts, not one, which will complete a [three]-film story arc…not really a trilogy, but just an overall character arc so I’m pretty excited about that. We’re doing a lot of preliminary work right now on new software and new animation techniques and so on. We’re creating a new facility in Manhattan Beach so everybody that’s not already dead is coming back.”
He went on to talk about the pressure of making two more movies after such a box-office success.
“There’s always an expectation. I had to deal with that after “The Terminator” back in 1984. All of a sudden I had a big hit movie and it was ‘what are you doing next?’ But my job is to take the audience on a journey and entertain them. The second I am sitting down writing, I just go to Pandora. I don’t think about that stuff, about standing on a red carpet. It has its own life, really. The characters have their own lives.”
Keen? I sure am!
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013