Ron Howard is in line to re-unite with the writer of “Frost/Nixon” and sign on to direct the Formula 1 biopic “Rush”.
Variety says Howard is in early talks to step behind the camera, after Paul Greengrass (“Bourne Ultimatum”, “Green Zone”) dropped out to direct “A Captain’s Duty”.
The Peter Morgan penned movie’s about Niki Lauda, the Austrian three-time F1 champ who almost died after a horrific crash in 1976. He came back to the track just six weeks later with severe burns and injuries- just so he could continue a rivalry with UK driver James Hunt.
Sources say Howard is sniffing around for other work with Universal’s “Dark Tower” project stalling.
“Rush” sounds like it’ll be right up Ron Howard’s alley, especially working with Peter Morgan again. You agree?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013